By adding a POP of Color in your kitchen, you may be enticed to spend a little more time there! Appetizing colors like red and green go a long way as an accent. Add these alluring colors to your base cabinets or even on the floor! These bright pops of color activate our senses, and draw us into the space. Whether you are hungry or not, this appetizing Kelly Green color sure hits the spot.
To hit it right on the money, ask our Design Team how you can incorporate a pop of color in your kitchen. Whether you would like to embrace the ombre look on your kitchen floor, or find a complimentary backsplash or floor tile that will look great with your colored cabinets. There is no limit to the shapes or sizes we offer in colored tile options, and you can get a head start by shopping at our online store for that special POP of color right now!
As we welcome Springtime, we also welcome the renewal of life. Get a fresh start by getting rid of clutter with our Top Ten Spring Cleaning Tips. Keeping life simple in a world of chaos is the main ingredient to leading a happy life. Once you de-clutter your life and home, you will have more time to enjoy the things you live for. Use these Top Ten Spring Cleaning Tips as a Checklist for useful tips for getting the job done. Get your gloves and Goodwill bags ready, and get started on some Spring Cleaning!
1. Closet Wars: If you have not worn it in a year, give it away. Sure, seasons change and you will not wear a turtleneck in the middle of summer (unless you are Diane Keaton). If you did not break it out when the snow was on the ground, chances are you never will. Start a “give away” pile, and enjoy all that extra space!
2. Clothes Swap: Before you head to the Goodwill, call up your girlfriends and get them started on cleaning out their closets too! Host a Clothes Swap at your home, and you will not be tempted to go shopping with all that extra space in your closet. Your signifcant other and wallet will thank you. When the Clothes Swap is over, gather up all the unwanted articles and donate them to Goodwill or a local women’s shelter.
3. Kitchen Clutter: Just like that turtleneck, if you have not used that whirly twirly peeler 300, chances are you are not going to be slicing up any cucumber ribbons anytime soon. Gather up unused kitchen items, and even bring them to the Clothes Swap! Kitchen items, books, and children’s clothes are great items to bring to someone else’s attention, as they may be in the mood to attempt a Martha Stewart creation with that peeler of yours.
4. Household Cleaners: If you have a layer of dust on some magic cleaners that promise to get out carpet stains, but somehow actually make them worse…then do not be fooled twice. Toss the household cleaners that do not work, and consolidate them to one bin or shelf. Natural products are better for the environment, and most of them are easier on your skin too. Inexpensive cleaners such as rubbing alcohol and white vinegar work wonders on glass or kitchen countertops.
5. Garages are for Cars: Is your car parked outside because your garage is now home to clutter? Go through those Christmas decorations and gallons paint, and get rid of items you do not need or ever use. Put up some shevles for items that you need accessible, and organize and store decor and seasonal items in bins.
6. Makeup for Days: Not every girl wakes up in the morning looking like a million bucks. Some of us need a little help with tired eyes or uneven skin tones, and thanks to some coverup and mascara we can face the world. The keyword there was “some” coverup. I know I have a couple of shades on makeup or concealer on hand depending on how pale or tan I am at the moment, but toss old makeup or colors that never worked for you. Toss mascara and lipgloss after a few months too. Anything that has a wand that touches your eyes or mouth should either be cleaned with rubbing alcohol or thrown away after a few months.
7. Recycle: What are you saving those plastic bags or bottles for? Stop hoarding those bags or bottles, and place them in the recycling bin. So many materials such as fabric for clothing, the tile on your backsplash, your kitchen spoon, and even your sneakers may be made from recycled materials. Do the ocean, the soil, and your feet a favor by recycling.
8. Dust off those Winter Blues: Seriously. Grab the Swiffer and go to town on your shelves, picture frames, and your ceiling fans! Dust accumulates on almost anything, and can affect the air quality of your home. Ceiling fans are a big dust collector, and they can also be weighed down by dust and not function properly. You will be thankful for a clean fan in the summer months.
9. Get your mind out of the Gutter: Get your air ducts, laundry vents, and gutters cleaned out. If you did not get to it this past Fall, then the accumulation of leaves and debris will have your home functioning poorly. Check your laundry vents to make sure they are screened off from critters. Bugs and rodents are back and would love to bask in all the warmth in your cozy home, so be sure to check your window screens and seals too.
10. Deep Freeze: It is time to chip away all the freezer burn off your frozen foods. If your food is covered in ice, it is not a “protective coating”. As much as it kills you to throw away uneaten food, it will not taste as it was intended if it has freezer burn. Same goes for items in your fridge: keep produce on the lower shelves where you will see it…not in your drawers. Sigh unseen is forgotten, and will go to waste. I like to use mason jars filled with a little water for some produce like herbs. Just like cut flowers, the herbs were living plants and need water to keep fresh.
Dive into a little pattern play with contrasting mosaics on your bathroom floor this Springtime! It is time to revamp your home while the warmer weather takes hold. Before you think too basic, think high contrasting mosaics on your bathroom floor that showcase a playful pattern. This playful pattern on the floor allows for light and bright fixtures, and a simplistic design on the walls.
An elegant bathroom is not one that is overdone. With these unique and beautiful patterns, you can add life and originality to your design, without the room appearing to be too busy or contrasting in design.
With this no fuss design, your patterned floors add life to the space without the need for overdone accessories or artwork. The bathroom should be simplistic and clean, and these contrasting mosaics offer just that. It’s clean and simple, just like a bathroom should be.
You can opt for a contemporary, traditional or feminine, or modern pattern that will compliment the rest of your home. We offer a variety of whimsy to modern and structural patterned mosaics in various materials and finishes that will work best for your space. Ask our Design Team to help you select the best patterned design for your home!
Another Mission Accomplished by one of our happy online shoppers, and we have her space featured here! Isadora’s recent post on her Blog Re:Located Living features our Hex Appeal that she purchased from our online store. We love how the hexs look on her powder room floor, and how she paired this playful pattern with a simplistic white Subway Tile on the walls. Thank you for sharing Isadora, and if you have more home renovation projects in the works we would love to help! You can view more images of her Jewel Box Powder Room here.
Do you want your Mission Tile Installation to be featured on our Blog? Comment on this Blog Post if you are interested in having your space featured on our Blog & Social Media! We love hearing what your most favorite products are, and where you have them installed!
If you are on the hunt for pieces with rustic appeal, we have done the research for you. This vintage lover’s dream come true is complete with our Wow Winter Wood Look tile for the ultimate rustic look. The reclaimed wood look is achieved with our Porcelain Wow Collection. Our porcelain wood tile is the perfect flooring option that will withstand all the harsh elements of winter.
The key to achieving this rustic look is ensuring you mix and match the appropriate pieces to create harmony. Once you have the flooring installed, you can complete the space with pieces such as a weathered leather tufted sofa and french country inspired throw pillows. If you shop at local vintage or thrift shops, look out for other rustic pieces like these vintage luggage trunks, or re-purposed pieces like this ottoman. Compliment the Wow Winter Wood tile with reclaimed wood accessories such as frames or clocks to hang on the walls. Light up the space with rustic Marquee Lights, and add a little bit of elegance with wood chandeliers. Keep an eye out for unique rustic pieces to compliment your style!
$100 – coxandcox.co.uk
$49 – selfridges.com
Think about going in the Navy this spring, well into a Navy Office Environment that is. Do not be fooled by darker colors on the walls. While many believe that darker colors make you feel “caved in”, it is psychologically quite the opposite. Darker colors recede from the viewer’s eyes, fading away into the distance, and if it is light you are worried about consider these following options.
Take in account the windows in the space that allow for natural lighting. The most productive setting to work in allows for natural light, and soothing, yet stimulating accents. Navy is a blue tone which is naturally soothing, but this bolder hue looks stellar against white and bright trim accents such as these examples. Keep the bookshelves, built-ins, and furniture light and bright to create that stimulating contrast. Bring in more natural accessories such as living plants and flowers. Not only do living plants improve the air quality, the life of the plants creates a more conducive work environment. Now that you have these simple fixes, add a little Navy and natural elements to your office!