Since Memorial Day weekend was the unofficial start of summer, dust off the winter blues with these Top Ten Summer Essentials that will get you and your family through the sun, fun, and heat!
- Drink Dispenser: Make some Sun Tea in this adorable Drink Dispenser with chalkboard applique.
- Crusteacean Bib: Pass out these bibs for all the crab legs, lobster, and more that you will be serving up this summer!
- Paper Straws: These sweet little straws are more than cute, some of them are made from recycled paper.
- Large Pool Noodle: Hands down the best summer investment for your pool, this noodle will keep even the tallest guy in your family afloat!
- Neutrogena Beach Defense: Live and breathe by Neutrogena’s Beach Defense at the beach in the summer. It is lightweight, aborbs easily, and protects your skin from the harsh summer sun.
- Beach Blanket: Whether you are spending a day at the beach, or lounging by the pool, this stylish throw can spread out for two!
- Acryilc Glassware: These Martha Stewart Hobnail glasses are perfect poolside, or out for a family picnic.
- Galvanized Tub: Keep your drinks cold by filling this tub with ice and beverages to quench your thirst.
- Sun Hat: You do not have to spend a fortune on a sun hat, but you will be grateful to keep the sun off your face and shoulders.
- DIY Popsicle Mold: Get creative with your popsicle mixtures with whole pieces of fruit and real fruit juice or lemonade! Add some tequila for the adults, and you’ll have one cool treat on your hands.
As we take the time to spend with family and friends today, and this weekend past, let us reflect on what this day truly means. Memorial Day was not always the last Monday of May. Otherwise known as Decoration Day to recognize Union Soldiers who had died in the Civil War, then following WWI where the Southerns honored their fallen soldiers. Not only until after WWII was it declared Memorial Day to honor all fallen soldiers and those who have served their country.
Please take this day to pay your respects to all who fought and died not only for their country, but for your rights and freedom. We thank our Veterans and those still in the Military for their Service. Happy Memorial Day!
As we take this weekend to remember our fallen soldiers and those who have served our great country, we celebrate them as soldiers and as our loved ones. As we embrace red, white, and blue this weekend, you may just have items around your home to make a few decorations that will help you celebrate Memorial Day in remembrance.
Dress your table with red and white, or all three colors if you wish with Bandannas as napkins and as runners. Simple and All-American, this rustic look is perfect for Memorial Day, Labor Day, and upcoming Independence Day. Go through your Scrapbook paper that is hiding in your shelves, and wrap tin cans or glass jars in patriotic papers and use a a utensil holder, vase, or to display food.
You can make this DIY Flag Cake Stand courtesy of Martha Stewart, and use it for all sorts of holidays! Not to mention, these Blueberry Vanilla Cupcakes look quite delicious themselves. Pick up some red, white, and blue tissue paper at your local store and make these Tissue Pinwheels by folding the paper accordian style, and then meeting the two ends together, and adhere with tape. Tape on some string, and hang at various lengths from a tree, fence, or cluster over your buffet or dessert table.
There is nothing more powerful than a striking color, on your walls. This jewel toned Peacock Blue is not only SJP’s favorite hue, it is so eye-catching that this designer layered on the lacquer and painted the trim all the same. The light reflecting quality of the glossy lacquer makes this jewel tone shine, and looks amazing with similar hues in the same saturation, such as Canary Yellow and Fuschia as accents.
The hallway of doors covered in an Ikat Wallpaper pop when the trim is painted in the same Peacock Blue, and who needs shades when this color frames the windows with perfection. Introduce Peacock Blue in your home with accessories, furniture, or go for the gusto and splash it on your walls!
Adding special architectural touches to your home will add character, texture, and even act as a focal point. Sliding Barn Doors add all three of these touches, even when you least expect it. Like Pocket Doors, Sliding Barn Doors take up less space without a door swing, and can be multifunctional.
Whether you want to divide a space, or enclose a pantry or closet, Sliding Barn doors add character and easy functionality. These examples showcase these sliding doors from rustic to sleek and modern in style. From an entryway to the bathroom, or sliding Glass Barn Doors, these doors are perfect for small spaces. Keeping track of lists, or what’s for dinner, painting the sliding door with Chalkboard Paint is decorative and useful. In your office or playroom for the kids, adhere a tackable surface to the doors which makes it accessible for showcasing children’s artwork, or your work papers!
Cool off with these Summer Blues ideas for your kitchen backsplash, accent tile, or bathroom wall tile! Not to mention glass tiles are easy to clean, the color options are limitless. Go for blue as a the neutral and pop of color in your space, and keep everything else such as cabinetry and accessories simple white. Adding metallic accessories or other pops of color will compliment the blue, and keep your space vibrant and fresh by changing them by season or mood. Ask us about our Glass Collections, and you’ll be one step closer to checking your spring projects off your list before Summertime!