What is your Christmas Decor Style? Whether you like things merry and bright or glam fabulous, here are a couple of Christmas Buffet Decor Ideas to get you in the holiday spirit!
This first Rustic Christmas look is perfect for a subtle and vintage inspired take on Christmas decor. You get a pop of color with this chalk painted buffet table, and then all you need is some simplistic decor and a fabulous Chalk Greeting Sign! If you do not have amazing writing or drawing skills, don’t sweat it! You can find other chalk inspired Christmas items on Etsy.com. Gather your pine cones and twigs and paint them white or gold for a unique look, and I love champagne gold glitter from the Martha Stewart Collection at Michael’s for that vintage sparkle! Keep your hands cozy with sweater mug covers found at ModCloth.com, because Christmas is not complete without hot cocoa or hot cider.
If you love all that glitters, then you will love these finds from Target! I think Target is a staple shopping store for many of us around the country, and we can’t get enough of their amazing deals on Christmas decor. This glam fabulous look requires black, white and gold touches that make for one splendid Christmas Buffet. Do no forget the tinsel and lights hung from the chandelier to aid in the sparkle factor. Candlelight is also key and sets the mood for one sparkly Christmas!
We were thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Dave and Annie Barnes on their Nashville 12 South Residence. Dave Barnes is a Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter for artists such as Blake Shelton’s No. 1 Hit “God Gave Me You”, and was recently featured in Nashville Lifestyle Magazine. Our team worked with the happy couple on the renovation of their home including the fireplace surrounds and bathrooms. Take a look inside their lovely home, and ask us how you can create a similar look!
If someone you love just adores eclectic design with a touch of romance, then here is a fool proof Wish List that will melt their heart. Forget the mistletoe, you will not need to hang any this year, because you will surely get a kiss or at least a hug with these gift ideas!
Frame a page from their favorite novel. Whether it is Jane Austen or Oscar Wilde that strikes their fancy, have a page from their favorite novel blown up and framed!
Give the gift of timeless romance. If yours truly is an antique or art collector, give the gift of something old and cherished. Find out where they love to go antiquing and pick up the first item that “looks like them”. This could be a statute, a piece of jewelry, an old clock or telephone, or even an old typewriter. They will appreciate the effort and thought that went into your hunt for the perfect gift,
A romantic place to dream. Who doesn’t love a comfortable place to rest one’s head? Having a space look beautiful is a perk! Romantic textiles such as lace and linen in soft lavender hues make for one relaxing boudoir. I love this look showcased on The Iron Gate’s Blog, and you must check out these textiles in person! Located in downtown Franklin, TN., this is one little shop of home wonders.
From boudoir to benches. There are several DIY’ers attempting this magnificent idea where you find a vintage headboard, and convert it to a bench for outside, the foyer, or any place you’d like to take a rest. Since most of the vintage headboards were even smaller than what we now consider to be a twin size bed, they make for a perfect size to create a small little bench! If you can pull this off, you may just have found yourself a new hobby!
What every significant other wants to hear. Besides those three little words, of course. You cook, I’ll clean. There is nothing that motivates me more to make a meal, besides the obvious hunger and need to feed my family. Give this gift not just by itself, but throw in a gift card to a class for the two of you to partake in a cooking class together! There is nothing more romantic than heating up with the kitchen before you start cooking over open flame!
The old saying goes “opposites attract” when you mix the unique Shapes with Elements from the Earth and the sophistication of Marble in our Mate Porcelain Collection. From Chevron Patterns to Lantern Shapes to Hexagons, you can mix the corresponding Shapes with Earth Tones & Precious Marble Looks to achieve a designer look.
The Mate Italian Porcelain Collections offers a subdued Limestone and Marble finishes that look like the real deal, but offer easy care maintenance, commercial grade durability, suitable for high traffic and wet areas, as well as floor and wall applications. Starting at just $4.99/piece, you can transform your space from lack-luster to timeless. Check out the Shapes & Finishes Below, but there are several more shapes and shades that we offer. Purchase the Mate Collection today while Supplies Last!
In the past, when it came to choosing grout color, you went with a color that was closest to the color of the tile. For example, white subway tile = white grout. This option will look clean and neat, and does not create a contrasting pattern. This is all fine and dandy, but grout is actually part of the design concept. If you want a solid look, by all means go with the white subway tile and white grout.
OR you could think outside the box. Dark grey grout mixed with white subway tile creates pattern, and offers a rustic or even contemporary look. This look works in both scenarios, and you may have seen this done in new and trendy restaurants. I personally find this look rather attractive, and I especially love this combo in a rustic kitchen design, such as in Magnolia’s Farmhouse from the HGTV’s hit show Fixer Upper.
Don’t forget to give the floor a little love too. In a kitchen or bathroom floor, you may think it’s a no brainer to use a darker grout on the floor especially with a mosaic tile on the floor. This has some truth, but here are the pros and cons of dark vs. light grout when it comes to clean-ability and appearance.
- Pros: Dark Grout hides dirt, and light grout allows the tile to shine such as a small mosaic pattern.
- Cons: Dark Grout can be hard to clean when it comes to most abrasive tile cleaners, and can fade over time with use of these chemical based products. Light grout can be hard to keep clean, period.
Simply put, if you invest in a quality grout sealant and avoid harsh abrasive chemicals you can have the grout color of your choice and be happy. It is suggested however for bathroom floors to choose neither a dark or a light grout, but choose a color in the middle of the spectrum such as a light grey or beige to play it safe. Either way, if a specific look is what you are after then go for it! Have your tile and grout sealed for longevity, and you may have to have it resealed down the road. This is not really the case for wall tile as a kitchen backsplash, since there is not high traffic or any standing water to deal with…so go with a grout color that your little heart desires!
Even though Cyber Monday has come and gone, a lot of the steals and deals have not! Lucky for you, we have some of the hottest gifts for the Fit Dad, Handy Man Dad, to the Tech Savvy Dad. A lot of these deals only last today ONLY or until 12/5/14! Better hurry and snatch up some great gifts for Dad that will have him smiling from ear to ear this Holiday Season.
We have not forgetten all of you DIYers out there too, there’s fun to be had in making stocking stuffers or ordering unique custom made gifts from the heart. Happy Creating & Shopping this week for all the father figures in your life!
1. For the Fit Dad: Adjustable Dumbbells: If your Dad or Husband is one busy guy, bring the gym home to him! These Adjustable Dumbbells do not take up space, but offer an amazing workout for the Dad who cannot always make it to the gym.
2. Handy Man Dad: Power Tools Bundles: Better act quick, Home Depot is offering bundled Power Tool Packages with huge savings today online!
3. Grill Master: BBQ Rubs of the States: For the Grill Master in your life, give him these amazing BBQ Rubs that are unique to each state’s noteworthy tastes!
4. Hoppy Dad: Beer Brew Kit: If your Dad or Husband is a Craft Beer Connoisseur, then give him the gift that gives back! This beer brew kit will have him creating his own signature brew for the holidays!
5. Photographer: Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens Solution for iPhone: For the Photographer Dad in the family. this Lens for his iPhone allows him to capture different shots with different angles and distances.
6. Sentimental: Custom Made Money Clip: I know my Dad could relate to this adorable saying with 4 daughters on this Money Clip, and I love shopping on Etsy for sentimental and unique gifts!
7. Gamer: PS4 Destiny Bundle: For the Gamer in your life, get him the latest PS4 Destiny Bundle in white. There are some great online deals this week on Amazon, so be sure to act on these this week!
8. DIY Dad: Reclaimed Wood Planks: We are still offering our Black Friday Sale on select items while supplies last, and if your Dad is ready to spruce up his Man Cave or update the home, check out this deal plus others! Limited time: Ending 12/5/14.
9. Stocking Stuffer: DIY Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream: Not only does this stocking stuffer look awesome, it smells delightful! A refreshing shaving cream that your Dad will love. Help him get rid of his beard due to No Shave November for the Holidays!
10. The Traveler: Sound Cancelling Headphones: If your Dad does a lot of air travel, give him the gift of silence. He will rest easy before his meetings with these amazing online deals for Sound Cancelling Headphones!